Monday, January 14, 2013

I'ts almost over, it's almost over.......Wait, HOLD UP!!

As I enter the final semester of my college career, I cannot be any more thrilled to say that I'll be done soon! You can say I'm suffering from a severe case of Senoritis; yet, as happy as I am that it'll soon be over, I fear for the next chapter of my life! I suppose this is a normal emotion that almost everyone feels upon graduation, right? The real world is a scary place! 
Now days a bachelor's degree isn't even good enough, more and more college graduates are going back to school to get their masters degree simply because they can't find jobs. 
Perfect, let me throw myself into more debt so I can "maybe" secure a job. It's hard to say if it's all worth it or not. It's sad that I have to revolve my life around work , what's that old saying, " Live to work, or work to live."  I suppose that is the whole point, we're supposed to find something that we love to do and pursue it, therefore it's not work. 
I guess I haven't experienced enough things in life, because I still struggle to find that one thing to pursue.Sure, I can just settle for an entry level position at some corporate giant and watch my life slowly melt away but that sounds awful! 
I know one thing for sure, I've been having the traveling itch, and I really need to scratch it..(Not sure if that makes sense)..Anyways, In my mind and on paper I've planned hundreds of trips all around the world. Everything from hiking in the Red Wood Forrest in northern California, to tanning topless in the south of France! Oops, I said it! My point is, there is way more to life then sitting behind a desk five days out of the week for eternity. People need to start living more and worrying less about the burdens of a deadbeat job! I know what you're thinking, easier said then done, which is usually what I tend to think, until I remember something that a wise man once said, "Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright." 

No comments:

Post a Comment